Gives the list of dyes, colors and pigments permitted to be used in cosmetics and soaps.
No drug should contain a colours other than specified specified by the Bureau of Indian Standards below :
(1) Natural Colours:- Carotene, Chlorophyll, Red Oxide of Iron, Yellow Oxide of Iron,Titanium Di-oxide, Black Oxide of iron
(2) Artificial Colours:- Caramel
(3) Coal Tar Colours
✓ Standards for condoms made of rubber latex intended for single use and other mechanical contraceptives.
✓ Eg. Condom, Cu-T, etc
✓ Label contain:•
- The date of manufacture.
- The date up to which the contraceptive is expected to retain its properties.
✓ Standards for medical devices.
✓ The following medical device shall conform to the Indian Standards specification laid down from time to time by the Bureau of Indian Standards:
1. Sterile Disposable Perfusion sets for single use only
2. Sterile Disposable Hypodermic Syringes for single use only
3. Sterile Disposable Hypodermic Needles for single use only