CSIR-Nehru Science Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Scheme has been instituted to identify promising young researchers with innovative ideas and provide them with training and research opportunities in CSIR laboratories with state-of-art R&D facilities in niche areas of basic science, engineering, medicine and agriculture. CSIR offers 100 such fellowships every year.
• Indian nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
• Up to 20% of fellowships offered to foreign nationals
• PhD degree holders within three years of award of PhD degree, or those who have submit- ted PhD thesis
• Applicants with research publications in high impact factor SCI journals
• Age limit: 32 years (can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/Physically handicapped or wom- en candidates, and 3 years for OBC candidates)
• Fellowship of ₹65,000 per month plus HRA as admissible
• Contingency grant of ₹3 lakhs per year (25% of contingency can be used for domestic and international travel including per diem expenses)
The fellowship is tenable for two years, which is extendable for a maximum one more year based on outstanding performance and recommendation from the Director of the CSIR lab where working.
Applications are open throughout the year. However, the selections are made twice a year in the months of June and December.
https://www.csirhrdg.res.in/Home/Index/ ... lt/1516/55