The Raman-Charpak Fellowship was launched with the aim of facilitating the exchange of doctoral students between India and France, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in Science, Technology and Innovation, and improving the doctoral skills of students by providing them an opportunity to carry out part of their research work in a university or institute based in the partner country.
• Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a PhD
in a recognized university or research institution in India.
• Maximum age limit is 30 years as on 1 April of the call year.
• Applicants once supported by CEFIPRA and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible.
• Pre-authorization or prior consent from the host institute or university is required in order to apply for a foreign fellowship program.
• Fellowship support of €1500 per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges and Social Security charges
• One return airfare ticket in economy class
• Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever required & Carte de Sejour (if any)
• Support for attending conference/seminar/workshop during stay (please see guidelines for details)
The fellowship is provided for 2 to 6 months.
The application opens during April/May and closes during June/July.