The UGC - CARE may involve all the statutory councils, government bodies in social sciences, humanities, Arts and Fine arts, Science, medical and agriculture.
UGC CARE - Website
What is UGC Care List?
The UGC-CARE List now has only TWO groups, instead of the original FOUR groups to simplify the search process. These are NOT hierarchic or ranked groups.
UGC-CARE List Group I: Journals found qualified through UGC-CARE protocols
UGC-CARE List Group II: Journals indexed in globally recognized databases
Why it's important for Academic Research?
- The credibility of research publications is extremely important because it represents the academic image of not just an individual, but of the institution and the entire nation.
- The number of research articles published in reputed journals is one of the globally-accepted indicators considered for various academic purposes such as institutional ranking, appointments, promotions of faculty members, membership of academic committees, award of research degrees etc.
- The problem of predatory / dubious / sub-standard journals has become a cause of serious concern all over the world.
- The percentage of research articles published in poor quality journals is reported to be high in India, which has adversely affected its image.
- Publications in dubious / sub-standard journals reflect adversely leading to long-term academic damage and a tarnished image of an individual, institution and the nation.