The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) is aimed at identifying and supporting mo- tivated young researchers to do research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellow will work under a mentor, providing them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
• The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
• The applicant must have obtained a PhD/MD/MS degree from a recognized university.
• Applicants who have submitted their PhD/MD/MS thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply.
• The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the date of the application deadline. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged and Women candidates.
• NPDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
• Fellowship — ₹55,000 per month + HRA (₹35,000 per month + HRA for candidates who have submitted the thesis but degree not awarded)
• Research Grant — ₹2,00,000 per year
• Overheads — ₹1,00,000 per year
The fellowship is a temporary assignment, and is tenable for a period of two years.
The call for proposals for SERB-NPDF will be notified through www.serbonline.in.