The Biotechnology Career Advancement and Re-orientation Programme (BioCare) aims to build capacities for women scientists employed full time in Universities and small research laboratories or unemployed women scientists after a career break to help them undertake independent R&D projects. The scheme is open for all areas of Life Sciences including agriculture, veterinary science and medicine.
• MD/ MTech/ PhD/ Equivalent degree in any branch of Life Sciences
• Women scientists who are employed, or unemployed, or are desirous of coming back after a break
• Women scientists for whom it is the first grant. (Women scientists who have already availed any grant as a Principal Investigator from any Government funding agency including WOS -Women Scientists Scheme (A and B), and the Fast Track Scheme of DST are not eligible to apply)
• Age limit is 55 years
1. For unemployed women scientists:
Provision for fellowship amount as lump sum in the following 3 slabs (based on post PhD
experience) under the Research Grant Opportunity (RGO):
• Grade-I (more than 2 years research/industrial experience) — ₹50,000 per month
• Grade-II (more than 5 years research/industrial experience) — ₹55,000 per month
• Grade-III (more than 10 years research/industrial experience) — ₹60,000 per month
• Early Career Scientists (ECS) category (less than 2 years of experience) — ₹50,000 per month
2. For employed grantees: ₹10,000 per month as an incentive, in addition to the salary being
received from the parent institute/university:
The fellowship is tenable for three years, with the possibility of an extension for two years after review.
Please visit the funding agency website.
http://www.nari.nic.in/sites/default/fi ... s-2016.pdf http://dbtindia.gov.in