Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A) provides a platform to women scientists and technologists with a career break for pursuing research in basic or applied sciences in frontier areas of science and engineering. The scheme plays a pivotal role in gender mainstreaming as it not only prevents brain drain from the S&T system but also trains and retains women in the system. The scheme initially offers the opportunity to work as bench-level scientists and ultimately opens new avenues for permanent positions in Science & Technology.
• PhD in Basic or Applied Sciences
• Age group: 27–57 years; Age relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC- category and physically challenged candidates
• Minimum 2 years of break in career
• Stipend — ₹55,000 + HRA as per norms
• Total project cost (excluding HRA and Overhead) — ₹30 Lakhs
• Total project cost includes the above fellowship of the grant awardee, consumables, travel, contingencies and minor equipment but excluding HRA and overheads
This scheme will provide a research grant for a well-defined project proposal for a period of maxi- mum three years.
The scheme is open throughout the year.
https://dst.gov.in/scientific-programme ... s-programs