Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B) is aimed at providing opportunities to women scientists and technologists who aim to return into the mainstream after a career break, with a focus on projects related to Science & Technology (S&T) interventions for societal benefit. Such project proposals should address a well-identified societal challenge and deliver possible solution(s) by way of development of viable technology/technique and/or lab-to-land technology transfer, its adaptation and scaling up.
• Women having qualifications in science & technology areas at the postgraduate level
• Age group: 27-57 years; Age relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC- category and physically challenged candidates
• Minimum 2 years’ break after PhD award
• Not eligible — Women working as permanent employees
• Stipend — ₹55,000 + HRA as per norms
• Total Project Cost (excluding HRA and Overhead) — ₹30 Lakhs
• Total project cost includes the above fellowship of Principal Investigator (PI), consumables, travel, contingencies and minor equipment but excluding HRA and overheads
The project is tenable for a maximum period of three years.
The application opens once a year.
https://dst.gov.in/scientific-programme ... s-programs