The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been recognized as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. As a part of the IoE initiative, IISc has created the Raman Post-Doc Program, a highly selective Post-Doc program with 50 positions. A candidate applies for a specific Department or Centre at the Institute. The departments to which a candidate can apply in the Biological Sciences are Biochemistry; Centre for Ecological Sciences; Centre for Neuroscience; Microbiology and Cell Biology; Molecular Biophysics Unit; and Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics.
• PhD, with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout.
• Candidates who are expecting to submit the PhD thesis shortly; applications will be consid- ered only after thesis submission.
• Candidates less than 32 years of age at the time of application.
• Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), and foreign nationals.
• Consolidated monthly package of ₹1 lakh
• Research grant of ₹8 lakhs per year
Candidates can apply any time during the year.
The duration of the fellowship is two years. In exceptional cases, the duration may be extended by one more year.