The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables highly-qualified scientists and scholars from abroad who are just embarking on their academic careers and who completed their doctorates less than four years ago to spend extended periods of research in Germany. Scientists and scholars from all disciplines and countries may apply.
• Candidates with a doctorate or comparable academic degree (PhD, CSc, or equivalent), completed less than four years prior to the date of application
• Candidates who have nearly completed their doctoral degrees (at the earliest, 6 months prior to the completion of their dissertation), provided that they submit a brief summary of their dissertation or publications containing the results of their dissertation
• Candidates with academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses
• Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany
• Expert reviews from the doctoral supervisor and one other academic qualified to give
well-founded comments on the applicant’s qualification, preferably including reviewers not working at the applicant’s own institute
Necessary language skills:
- humanities or social sciences and medicine: good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English
- natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English
• The fellowship provides €2,670 per month. This includes a mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance.
• The fellowship provides for additional expenses including lump sum for travel, family allowance, and extensive alumni support.
A Humboldt Research Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers allows you to carry out long-term research (6-24 months) in Germany.
Applications are invited throughout the year.
https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/en/a ... fellowship