The Scheme is aimed at providing financial assistance to researchers for participating and presenting their research papers in international scientific events.
• The applicant should be an active Young Indian Researcher (PhD student, Research Associate, Resident & Doctor, etc.) or Emeritus Scientist/ other non-regular researcher engaged in research and development.
• Minimum educational qualification is a postgraduate degree in science or Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology/ medicine or equivalent qualification from a recognized university or institution.
• The applicant should not have availed financial assistance for travel support from CSIR in the last 3 years.
• The applicant should have published paper(s) in refereed journals.
• The applicant should have an accepted paper for presentation as a single or lead author, or have received an invitation as a Keynote Speaker or to chair a session, at the event.
The scheme provides up to full reimbursement of the actual return airfare from the place of work in India to the venue of the event. The journey should be undertaken by the shortest route in excursion/economy class by Air India.
Application form must reach CSIR-HRDG between 4 months to 2 months before the event.