The International Travel Support (ITS) Scheme provides financial assistance to Indian researchers for presenting a research paper in an international scientific event held abroad. In addition, sup- port is also provided to young scientists (age limit below 35 years as on date of start of the event) for attending training programmes, short-term schools and workshops.
• The applicant should be an active Indian researcher engaged in R&D work in recognized academic institutions or research laboratories in India.
• The applicant should have an invitation for presenting an original scientific paper in the event, or an invitation to attend the training programme, for which support is being requested.
• The applicant should not have availed financial assistance under this scheme during the last three years.
• Invitation of personal nature such as for carrying out postdoctoral work, informal training programmes/courses, internship, observer-ship etc. will not be eligible for support.
• The applicant must have obtained a Master’s degree in science or Bachelor’s degree in professional courses from a recognized university at the time of submission of application.
• Return economy class airfare by the shortest route, airport tax and visa fees for attending the specific event
• Full registration fee or ₹50,000 whichever is less, for young scientists (Age< 35 on the date
of start of event)
The researchers are required to apply online through the portal between 60–90 days in advance prior to the start date of the event. The system will not accept early or late submission of applications.