The Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships are designed for PhD students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis in an institution in the U.S.
• The applicant must fulfil all general prerequisites of Fulbright fellowships for Indian citizens.
• The applicant must be an Indian scholar who has registered for a PhD at an Indian institution, only in a few select fields which include agricultural sciences, neurosciences and public health.
• The expected PhD thesis submission date of the applicant should be at least three months after the Fulbright-Nehru grant end date.
• The fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges as per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees, if any.
• Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S.
• The grant is not sufficient to support family members, and no allowances are provided for dependents.
Applications are invited once a year.
The fellowship is for six to nine months.
http://www.usief.org.in/Fulbright-Nehru ... wships.asp