DBT’s Travel Support Scheme provides financial assistance to scientists and researchers involved in Biotechnology for presenting their research papers in international events being held outside India.
The event should be of international nature sponsored by foreign governments, international organizations or institutions under the aegis of multilateral, regional or bilateral arrangements.
• Active researcher engaged in research and development and promotion of biotechnology
• Preference to scientists below the age of 50 years
• Minimum educational qualification: Postgraduate in science or Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology or equivalent
• Investigators/co-investigators of DBT - supported projects or programmes, chairmen and expert members of various task forces, Biotechnology Research Promotion Committee, SAC-DBT
• Scientists who have not availed financial assistance for travel support from the government in the last three financial years
• Scientists with a paper accepted for presentation as a single or lead author
The scheme provides up to full reimbursement of the actual return airfare in economy/excursion class by AirIndia to applicants from the nearest airport to the place of work in India to the venue of the event.
The upper limits for the grant are as below:
• America, Australia, Canada, South Africa — ₹60,000 for full ticket
• Europe, China and Russia — ₹40,000
• South Asian Countries — ₹30,000
Open throughout the year. Applications must be submitted on the website between 24 weeks to 12 weeks in advance.