PharmD Info

A forum for Indian Pharmacy Professionals

Indian GPAT NTA Examination Notes and Study Materials, Group Discussion Center, MCQ Question bank with answers, Free Online Test etc.

Moderator: Admin

Is GPAT going to be conducted ONLINE twice a year?

GPAT exam will be conducted online only once a year.

How is the computer-based online examination different from the conventional paper-based examinations?

The computer-based online examination is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil/pen to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.

Can I take the test from any computer?

No. A candidate will have to take the test on a pre-assigned computer at the test venue.

What does a Computer Based Test look like?

GPAT trial test will be available on the website www.aicte-gpat.in for candidates to get familiarized with the functionality and navigation of the actual Computer Based test.

TEST DURATION & PATTERN

How many questions are there in the test?

There will be 125 questions.

What is the duration of the test?

The duration of test will be 180 minutes

Will there be negative marking in GPAT exam?

Yes

What is the scoring pattern and rule for negative marking?

For each correct answer there are 4 marks, for each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted.

SCHEDULING & REGISTRATION

Who is eligible to take the test?

Candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor’s Degree Programmes of pharmacy or who have appeared in the final year examination can also appear in the test.

Please see the Table below for eligibility.

Test

Programmes

Eligibility

GPAT-2018

Post Graduate Course in Pharmacy (M.Phama)

Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) and those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course ONLY are eligible for appearing in GPAT Examination. [B. Pharmacy 1st year to 3rd year students are NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in GPAT Examination.]

B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology) / Equivalent’ Students are not eligible to appear for GPAT examination.

Can I appear for GPAT for practice purpose, though I am aware that I am not eligible?

No. Only eligible candidates can appear for the test.

Is there any age restriction for appearing in GPAT?

No, there is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT.

What is the fee for the test?

The fee for General / OBC candidates appearing for GPAT is Rs.1400 + Bank charges as applicable; whereas for Female /SC/ST/PWD category candidates fee is Rs.700 + Bank charges as applicable.

Where do I pay my fees?

Candidates are appearing for test in India are required to pay registration fee either by Online (Credit / Debit cards / Net banking) or through Bank Challan at SBI bank.

When and how do I register for GPAT Exam?

Detailed instructions for the online application and registration process are available on this website (www.aicte-gpat.in)

Can I use my coaching institute’s or a friend’s email address when registering for GPAT?

No, you need to have a valid and unique email address of yourself which you will be using at least for the next eight months

Can I pay the fees through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque or Cash? Where do I pay my fees?

No. Fees cannot be paid through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque. It can be paid through online or Cash at any of the SBI branch. For making cash payment, you need to generate Challan through the portal and visit the nearest SBI bank on the next day of challan generation to pay the cash.

When will GPAT be held and can I choose a test city?

Yes, you can select up-to 3 cities in India giving order of preference towards your test city. The first choice of city will be given due consideration and weightage. However, actual allotment as per order of choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.

From where can I get the list of test cities?

A list of test cities is available on the website www.aicte-gpat.in

When will I get my Admit Card?

You can PRINT your ADMIT CARD by going to website www.aicte-gpat.in

What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?

The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, GPAT Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.

Will the Admit Card be sent to me as a hard copy by mail?

No. Apart from the ADMIT CARD made available ONLINE on the website, the admit card will be sent to the email address provided by you. It is therefore, mandatory for you to have a valid email account throughout the selection process. Note: Admit Card is a mandatory requirement in order to take the test. You must bring a print out of your Admit Card to the test centre.

What are the different Time Slots of the Test?

There will be no different time slots. Test will begin at 9:30 AM onwards. Candidates are required to arrive at the test centre on or before 8:00 AM for Security checks, Identity verification, and check-in.

What are the timings to contact the helpline?

The FAQs, IVRS and online instructions are designed to enable self-service. You are requested to use these tools which can guide you through the entire process and help answer most of your queries. In case you are still facing issues, then GPAT Customer Care Support is available by phone and email from 8.00 am - 10.00 pm everyday. Helpline number: +91-8429996897, 9453827201 & 9453827203
E-mail id: [email protected]
Phone support availability: 20th October 2017 – 10th February 2018, 8.00 am - 10.00 pm everyday
Daily Webmail support will be available from 20th October 2017 – 10th Feb 2018. Queries, received by webmail, will be responded within 2 business days. Do not send the same email multiple times, as it will delay the response process.

Can I pay the fees through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque or Cash?

Cash will not be accepted only Cheque

Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?

No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.

After submission of GPAT registration fee, can I cancel my application and apply for refund of fee?

Under no circumstances, cancellation of application and refund of fee will be allowed.

If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?

No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time

EXAMINATION DAY

What is the reporting time for the examinations?

One Hour and Thirty minutes prior to the test time. For the test beginning at 9.30 AM, you must reach the test centre no later than 8:00 AM.

What is the identification documents required to be carried to the test centre?

Candidates appearing for test in India will need to bring the following identification documents on the test day:

a) SELF ATTESTED COPY of GPAT 2018. Admit Card with recent passport size photo pasted on it.
b) At least one original (not photocopied / scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. The name on your photo identification must match your name as entered in the GPAT application. Acceptable forms of photo identification types are limited to Driver's license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, UID card or a notarized Affidavit (in English) with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable. Candidates will not be permitted to take the test if photo identification is not presented. SC/ST candidates are required to bring the valid caste certificate in Original and an ATTESTED photocopy. Physically Disabled candidates are required to bring the valid Disability certificate in Original and an ATTESTED photocopy. ATTESTATION CAN BE DONE BY INSTITUTE HEAD ALSO Note: You will have to store all other personal items at the test centre at your own risk. Please do not bring any other items to the test centre, as they are not permitted into the testing centre.

Does the name need to match with the names appearing on the identification documents?

Your name needs to be exactly identical to the name on your Xth Mark sheet or equivalent for candidates appearing for GPAT. Note: - If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, you must show the relevant document such as Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, Legal Name Change Document and submit a photocopy at the time of the examination of GPAT and interview and at the time of joining a programme at institutes.

What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?

None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.

What is the duration and pattern of the test?

The total duration is 3 hours. The actual test will contain 125 questions.

Do I have any breaks during the test?

No, you will not be given any breaks during the test.

If I complete my exam before three hours, can I leave early?

No. even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. You are allowed to leave the exam only after the scheduled three hours of exam are over. You cannot leave in between the exam even if you finish the exam early.

Will I be provided with any scratch paper for rough work and calculations during the test?

At the test centre, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculations. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room. On completion of the test, candidates will have to hand back all the scratch paper to the Administrator.

RESULTS

Will I get to see my scores on the test day?

No.

Within how many days can I expect the results?

GPAT results are expected to be declared on the website www.aicte-gpat.in

How do I get my Admit Card, whom should I contact?

You need to login on the website www.aicte-gpat.in using your username & password and select "Admit Card" to print your Admit Card directly from the website. In case you are unable to take the printout you may seek help of Call Centre / Helpdesk at the following contact : +91-8429996897, 9453827201 & 9453827203

Can I make any changes to my postal address after I have submitted my application form?

No, Once you submitted your application form, there is no way to change your information.

PHYSICALLY DISABLED (PD) CANDIDATES

Who is eligible to take the test under the Physically Disabled category?

As per the “Persons with Disability Act, 1995”, candidate appearing for GPAT in India qualifies to be a Physically Disabled (PD) candidate if he/she suffers from any of the listed disabilities, to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority. Following are the categories defined by AICTE for PWD candidates:

a.Visually impaired
b.Physically handicapped
c.Hearing Impairment
d.Dumb

Which are the acceptable testing devices that I can use/bring to the test centre?

The approved means of testing assistance that you may select on the application form are as follow:

Testing Assistance

Applicable for

Arranged by

Abacus (without calculator)

Visually Impaired

Candidate

Hearing Aid

Hearing Impairment

Candidate

Wheel Chair

Locomotor Disability/ Cerebral Palsy

Candidate

Screen/Font Magnification

Visually Impaired

Test Centre

Scribe/Reader

Visually Impaired / Cerebral Palsy

Candidate / Test Centre *
Provided at the Test Centre only on the prior request.

I am a PWD candidate with low vision / blindness / cerebral palsy. What special accommodation will be provided to me on the test day?

Visually Impaired and Cerebral Palsy candidates will be allowed to bring a Scribe/ Reader as per scribe form mentioned on the GPAT website. Scribe facility can also be provided by AICTE if the candidate so opts for that. Candidate will be given an opportunity to interact with the scribe a day before the examination. After meeting with the identified scribe, candidate will be required to submit an undertaking. You will also be provided with a time extension of one hour for computer based test

What will be the time extension given to Visually Impaired or Cerebral Palsy candidates

Visually Impaired or Cerebral Palsy Candidates will be given a time extension of twenty minutes for every hour of the test, thus for 3 hour test you will get a total of 'One Hour' extra.

What are the eligibility criteria for a scribe/reader?

The scribe must fulfil the following criteria:

a. Is not a family member or a friend.
b. Is not involved in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test to be administered.
c. Has not completed 19 years of age as of present day.
d. Has academic qualification lower than that of the candidate.
Note: The age certificate of Scribe has to be presented at the Test Centre. A scribe will not be permitted to assist a candidate in case the above criteria are not met.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Which universities / institutes will consider GPAT scores for admission?

All AICTE approved Institutes / Departments of Universities are expected to accept GPAT scores. The specific notifications issued by Universities and State Governments are available at GPAT website; aicte-gpat.in.

If I have done Graduation through PART TIME or DISTANCE LEARNING MODE, am I eligible to apply for GPAT exam?

Yes; as long as it is approved by respective statutory bodies.

Will GPAT score be considered for admissions to Part Time MBA courses?

GPAT score will be considered for admissions to all AICTE approved part-time programs.

Will there be a sectional cut off in the examination?

No. there is no sectional cut off in the GPAT examination.

How long is the GPAT exam score valid?

The GPAT exam score will be valid for three years.

Can I give GPAT exam via paper pencil mode later in case I missed the Online examination?

It cannot be taken in paper-pencil mode.

I belong to Bangalore. I want to take admission in B. Pharmacy. Should I need to appear in GPAT ? Is the test valid for Karnataka students?

GPAT is not meant for admission into B. Pharmacy course for any state in India. For admission into B. Pharmacy course every state has a policy which you have to find out. GPAT is valid for all the states and Union Territories in India for postgraduate admissions in Pharmacy courses and not for admission into undergraduate course in pharmacy.

I am a B. Pharmacy third year student. Am I eligible for GPAT ?

No, B. Pharmacy third year students are not eligible to appear in GPAT examination.

I am a Nepali student studying in B. Pharmacy final year in India. Can I appear in GPAT examination?

Yes, you can appear in GPAT 2018 examination but your admission into a postgraduate course in pharmacy and scholarship will be governed by the rules/norms set by MHRD, Government of India.

I belong to SC/ST category. How many seats in M. Pharmacy are reserved for SC/ST category students? or If I qualify in GPAT Examination then am I assured of scholarship in M. Pharmacy?

Qualifying in GPAT examination with a score card reading “Qualified for scholarship and admission into M. Pharmacy” is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting a scholarship in M. Pharmacy. Qualifying in GPAT has nothing to do with reservation policy for admission in M. Pharmacy courses. Seats of M. Pharmacy are reserved as per state/central government policy. Scholarship to the GPAT qualified candidates would be given by AICTE as per the rules/norms prevailing at that time.

Am I eligible for registration for Ph. D. after qualifying in GPAT examination?

Although the GPAT score card is valid only for three years but this is for the purpose of obtaining scholarship in M. Pharmacy course. After completing M. Pharm Degree if someone is interested in getting registered for Ph.D. degree then GPAT scorecard is valid beyond one year and the applicant need not appear in Ph.D. entrance/eligibility examination conducted by Indian universities

In the dynamic world of pharmaceuticals, mergers a[…]

PharmD Info - Highlights