For young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) who wish to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in Selangor, Malaysia.
TWAS-UPM Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments, institutions and laboratories of the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) for a minimum period of six (6) months to a maximum period of twelve months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the natural sciences.
UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from a department, laboratory or institute at UPM (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to Mrs. Chek Zan Kasah, Senior Deputy Registrar / Head of Administration, email@example.com who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mrs. Chek Zan Kasah, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their latest CV and a
- short write-up of research proposal (maximum 3 pages);
- provide evidence of proficiency in English;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family member
FOR FURTHER DETAILS: LOG ON TO http://twas.org/opportunity/twas-upm-po ... -programme