PharmD Info

A forum for Indian Pharmacy Professionals

Its a open forum to discuss about the Novel Coronavirus infection (also called 2019-nCoV or COVID-19). Ask questions and get response from the experts to know the real facts about the disease.
Forum rules: The content we provide via the Website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not set up to provide specific advice on which you should rely. In particular, the Website (and the information which may be accessed through it) is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified doctor or other healthcare professional. If you are not a healthcare professional then you should ALWAYS check with your doctor if you have any concerns about your condition or treatment and before taking, or not taking, any action on the basis of the content on our Website
I am a 65 year old female. Do I have an increased risk of getting corona infection?

Best answer by Subbaiah.kn » 11 Mar 2020, 12:51
The elderly, especially those with preexisting conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and lung disease, may be severely affected by the new virus.

COVID-19 may be similar to seasonal flu. From 70 to 85 percent of all flu-related deaths, and 50 to 70 percent of flu-related hospitalizations, occur among those 65 years and over, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

110,000 people in at least 97 countries are affected.

View Post
The elderly, especially those with preexisting conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and lung disease, may be severely affected by the new virus.

COVID-19 may be similar to seasonal flu. From 70 to 85 percent of all flu-related deaths, and 50 to 70 percent of flu-related hospitalizations, occur among those 65 years and over, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

110,000 people in at least 97 countries are affected.

In response to the outbreak, there is an urgent ne[…]

The aim of these guidelines is to provide practica[…]

Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Fe[…]

What is JANTA Curfew?

The Janta Curfew will be in place for 14 hours - f[…]

E-Learn Portal