This is an attractive, career-oriented scheme to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists, including postdoctoral fellows, with innovative ideas, desirous of pursuing research in frontier areas of biotechnology.
• The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
• The applicant should have secured First Class in all academic degrees from the graduate level onwards.
• The applicant must have a PhD in any branch of life sciences, computational sciences (applied to biotechnology, medicine or biological sciences), veterinary sciences, pharmaceutical sciences and agricultural sciences. Master degree holders in medicine or dentistry (MD/MS/ MDS or IMC designated equivalent) and engineering or technology (MTech or AICTE designated equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
• The applicant should have an excellent track record with at least a total of 4 journal publications as first or corresponding author, two granted Indian patents, or one granted International patent.
• Age limit: 35 years of age on the last date of submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 years for Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category.
• Fresh PhD scientists are strongly encouraged to apply if they meet the mandatory requirements.
• The award shall cover both non-recurring and recurring financial grants for executing the innovative research plan proposed by the awardee.
• This includes equipment, computational and communication facilities up to ₹10 lakhs; consumables, contingencies and travel up to ₹10 lakhs per year; and manpower for one JRF or SRF or one Project Assistant/Associate Level I/II as per DBT rules.
• Additionally, a fellowship of ₹75,000 per month will be provided to awardees who do not have regular employment, or are not drawing any other fellowship. Awardees having regular employment or availing another fellowship, will receive a cash award of ₹1,00,000 per year.
The application opens once a year and closes in the month of June.
The duration of the project is normally a period of three years, subject to satisfactory progress.
http://dbtindia.gov.in/schemes-programm ... award-iyba