The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation grants financial support of sufficient duration to help further the careers of young men and women engaged in biological or medical research, towards an ultimate goal of increasing the number of imaginative, well-trained and dedicated medical scientists.
• Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a PhD, MD, or equivalent degree and are seeking to begin postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research
• Candidates who have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the application deadline (as on stipulated date), and who have received a PhD (or DPhil or equivalent) degree no more than two years before the deadline, or an MD degree no more than three years before the deadline
• Stipend: Year 1 - $54,000; Year 2 - $57,000; Year 3 - $60,000
• Research Allowance — $1,500
• Dependent Child Allowance — $1,500
Provide funds for travel to the fellowship location at the time of activation of the fellowship for the Fellow and his or her family
Covers travel expenses incurred for the two-day Annual Fellows Meetings held in November
The Whitney Fellowship is for a period of three years.